maandag 13 juli 2009

big-trip update 1

So here I am, last day as a PA to a member of the european parliament in Strasbourg, already on my way and more in holiday than working mood, which is fine ofcourse :). The trip yesterday to brussels, where I stayed at my collegue´splace, and this morning to strasbourg weren´t all that exciting since I have done it multiple times last year, though walking around with TOO MUCH and TOO HEAVY luggage is (why am I a girl...), at least it made me feel like a real tourist and I created that impression to with my fellow travelors who all wanted to know where I was going and all guessed it had to be Russia since I am reading Jonathan Dimbley´s `Russia, A journey to the heart of a land and its people´ (which I already highly recommend as travel-lecture). - note to self: keep your sentences shorte....-
Well, anyway, I am heading off for Zagreb tonight, taking the 20.37 train to Munchen, transfering there at around 6/7 am and going through slovenia. According tpo my Thomas Cook railmap it has to be a very beautiful track, looking forward to it. I`ll arrive around 13.30 so i`ll have time to explore the city before I meet my couchsurf host in the evening after her work.
The next morning 9 o´clock the train to Belgrade will leave, though I heard (and according to the railmap) the way isn`t that beautiful, so I`ll have a read, or work on my essay I still have to finish (shame on me, I know).
I´ll try to post every now and then, but am unsure how frequent it will be!
Btw, I am considering going from sofia to istanbul via thessaloniki for one day, since I also never have been to Greece, if you think I should or shouldn`t, let me know ;).

Geen opmerkingen: