zondag 22 maart 2009

kiev, here i come

And yes, I finally made a decision: I have postponed my master in sweden with one year to study russian in kiev. There are many reasons to give, the one I tell my parents is that if I don't do it now, I will never, my collegues I tell the same, but in my hart: I just need to flee away from the nothern western mentality (though I really do want to learn russian). And why kiev? I've heard it is almost as beautiful and almost the same hospitality as in the Caucasus ;).
Living in georgia one year, working there for an environmetnal ngo, was the best decision I could have made. I fell in love with the caucasus. I mean, ofcourse I knew I already enjoyed traveling in eastern europe and I have some good friends there, but living somewhere is just a total different experience. I especially love the Caucasus, traveling around there is always a good idea, and my lovely Georgian friends: no worries, before I go to Kiev one year I'll be spending my 'holidays (2 months....) in Georgia! So I am expecting some great supra's and craziness!!!
Hopefully Kiev is close to Georgia (caucasus) in its mentality. I have no idea, I've never been to Ukrain, so I am sort of nervous. But on the other hand, I love adventures!
Kiev, here I come!

Geen opmerkingen: