zondag 15 maart 2009

Dusseldorfs deviating adventures

So, here I am: dusseldorf... I must say I am not a fan of german cities in general (though I love Berlin), but it is always nice to explore the world and since Dusseldorf is so close I decided to go overhere (admitting, one of my good tbilisi-friends Dion was supposed to be here).
Totally unprepared I entered the Dusseldorf via the main train station and I walked out without a clou where to go. I was supposed to meet two friends here today, so I thought not to worry. Unfortunately I haven't been able to reach any of both so far.
Even being more unlucky: the tourist inforation shop is closed on sunday (can you believe that???). Fortunate I am an adventurous person and not quickly stressed in these kind of situations and therefore just started walking from the trainstation looking for a nice cafe with WiFi.... yup: how naive one can be!
But as you can see, I found one finally,in some sort of chinese neighbourhood (even the germans speak some chinese here, which i find quite interesting....), must say btw i am not totally sure if it is chinese, or japanese, or taiwanese or whatever, I am just not able to read the signs and the people look asian and since China is the largest country in that neighbourhood, it's the best guess i can do for now. I will look it up on the internet: trying to make a nice plan for today, go to some sightseeing places etc.
If anybody in the neighbourhood is up for a drink: I am in for it. I also smuggled some illegal dutch product over for my friend, but since she is nowhere to be found, come and join me ;).

UPDATE 14:29 - Appearantly it is not chinese but Japanese! How interesting and unusual!

Geen opmerkingen: